Sunday, April 3, 2011

Serendipity



ser·en·dip·i·ty

[ser-uhn-dip-i-tee] 
–noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

Well I must have been inspired by wishing I had been able to go to the Joyful Scraps Week end Away and all the great projects they were doing. I sat down & played and this is what happened:



It is a complete departure from my normal style - I am not known for collaging. Serendipity is one of my favourite words and I have often described myself as a serendipitous scrapper. My life is also full of serendipity especially this year and this layout is a reminder to me about that.

I used Glitz Designs Love Nest (and even used some of the sheets to make the large flower at the bottom of the page. The Hoopla months, also by Glitz Designs will probably be used on a layout about the last half of the year as well. I used some of the tickets by Tim Holtz and lots of Glimmer Mist on the ruled paper and finished off with Epiphany ribbon from the April Embellishment pack. The die cut butterflies were cut from Fancy Pants Olivia. Dimension & shine was added to the layout using Glossy Accents and it was all backed by dark green cardstock.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment