Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stranger in our midst

Well it's not everyday that we see a scorpion in our backyard. I have heard of them being around, just not at our place and to be perfectly honest I think he was transported here in the wood shipment we received at the beginning of winter.



He was tiny, about 2cm long and unfortunately (?) he was squished when we found him on one of the logs hubby had set out to dry in the sun.
Winter seems to be winding down now as we have had some lovely days last week, no doubt there will be another cold snap or two before Spring finally arrives and I hope that we don't find any more unwanted guests in our woodpile.

1 comment:

  1. He gives me the willies just looking at him LOL! We have plenty of them in Arizona, but I don't think I have seen such a huge one! Watch that woodpile - they LOVE those things! :)

    ReplyDelete