Sunday, September 18, 2011

Here's to absent friends

This weekend was kinda poignant for a few reasons....one: I couldn't go to the Joyful Scraps weekend away :-( . I miss teaching and would have loved to have been a part of it this year, but my voice is still MIA (it comes and goes in volume and wears out real quick) and

two: A small group of Lyn's card making pals got together at her place and hung out with her partner and daughter and some other mates. It was strange not having her there, but we knew she was with us and it was nice to remember the great times we had with her. I think it was also important for her daughter to be in a familiar place with familiar faces doing familiar things after the turmoil her life has been in recently. She is a great kid and I am sure will eventually find some peace.

1 comment:

  1. We missed you at the retreat, but I am glad that you spent time with such a lovely young woman xxx

    ReplyDelete