Monday, December 10, 2018

What's been happening

Well all my best laid plans to be more consistent with my posts has certainly failed. I tried but my life took a turn and I changed jobs and now as a framer I am working long days and it is very physical work which leaves me tired at the end of the day. The blog certainly took a back seat with most of my posts on Facebook and Instagram as I could do that quickly - photos with very little writing. I miss the writing though and when I came back to my blog I was shocked that it had been so long. I guess all I can do is some catch up posts and hope that I do better next year.

The Infinite Sketch Project 
In September I sent off my entry to the Brooklyn Art Library's Infinite Sketch Project. The theme was Cosmos & Connections and my prompt was REDUCED, so naturally I went with a bee motif. The sketches are going to be joined to create one very very long sketch. I used Distress Inks, TCW stencils and Seth Apter Baked Textures embossing powders.


The Apron Project
This year's theme for the Apron Project "Strength is her Superpower" led me to create two very different aprons. The first has been created using negative painting and my inspiration - the words from a song "this magnificent tree appeared in my mind, even without leaves its strength was divine"






With the second apron I took the whole superhero thing a bit literally and went POP art:


I think that's enough for now....more catch up to come.

1 comment:

  1. Infinite sketch, super hero’s and aprons...my you have been busy creating so many lovely things. Such a nice variety of projects.
    Love those leaves on the apron.

    ReplyDelete